This package gives another take on North to South relationships ; alternative development. It is accessible to all, from environmentalists to engineers and farmers to students. It can be used as an educational tool, for debates and for conferences.
Description small kit :
- CD rom “questioning development”
What makes current system so destructive and what are the alternatives? This cd rom presents alternative actions and the post-development movement. Edited by Solidarite, produced by Outline PNP (2004)
- Video documentary: “Live the present differently “ By Jan Gassman and Eric Andreae.
This film tells of people from around the world that have reinvented their lives and changed their worlds by working together. English, Spanish and French sub-titles. (60 min 2005)
- Book : ‘Dismantle development and rebuild the world”
An account of the UNESCO conference in the same name. (410 pages, La ligne d’horizon, ed Paragon)
- Magazine : “L’Ecologiste” Special n6
Dismantle development and rebuild the world” special edition for the French version of The Ecologist: Mirages, alternatives and pioneers. Articles by Ivan Illich, Arundhati Roy, teddy Goldsmith and many others. (2001)
- 5 Informational brochures
These clear and precise illustrated brochures address a number of issues: 1.Development’s ideology: contradictions in theory, disasters in practice. 2 the illusion of progress : Social economic and political consequences. 3 Agriculture of mass destruction : the consequences of intensive farming. 4 What happens to development funds? The flip side of development funds in France. 5 Fair trade, solidarity or business?
- Collection of 8 articles about post-development and decline.
- Bibliography in French : references to further your study of development, autonomy and consummation (books, magazines, web sites, authors etc)
Price : 45 euros + postage and package (For France)
Description big kit : (more)
- Film : ”Les objecteurs de croissance” by Helene Lioult and Herve Rene Martin.
This film is an encounter with people who question development and fight economic growth. With Serge Latouche, Pierre Rabhi, Denise and Daniel Vuillon, François Schneider and many more. Airelles Vidéo and France 3 Méditerranées Production. (54 min. 2006)
- Book : “De la misère humaine en milieu publicitaire”.
A very relevant explanation of advertising consumerism and economic growth and their repercussions on nature and man. (140 pages, La Decouverte 2004)
- Book : “Quand la misere chasse la pauvrete” By Majid Rahnema.
This essay questions the notions of misery and poverty, suggesting that misery is man-made, created by the developing countries. It also warns against using machines to reduce it. (460 pages, Acte Sud, 2003)
Price : 95 euros + postage and package (For France)