In the northern hemisphere :
SOLIDARITÉ helps :
- to establish a better understanding of North-South relationships in political, demographic, social, cultural and economic terms.
- with cultural enrichment and with knowledge of other ways of life and ways of thinking.
- people to adopt a spririt of tolerance, respect and non-discrimination
SOLIDARITÉ organises and participates in :
- conferences, cultural events, exhibitions and forums.
- opinion-forming in associative and educational circles.
- mobilisation of young people.
- internships, notably in India with the ITTPD.
In the south :
Our projects concern the vital sectors of agriculture, training, employment and health. The involve the development of small-scale industry and production in order to promote independence for local populations. The programmes undertaken must ensure the development of local resources for local needs.
These projects benefit the most deprived populations :
- Young people and marginalized women
- Native peoples and tribes
- Small farmers and those without land
Our modul operandi :
- Professional training of the local population (from teaching literacy, to teaching skills and a job).
- Income-generating activities (agriculture, craft industries, etc.).
- Developing micro-credit (administration, Self Help Groups for women and farmers, etc.).
- Improving existing production facilities (ovens, composting systems, etc.).
- Developing organic and community farming (vegetable gardens, local crops, cereals).
- Protecting natural resources (reforestation, water and soil conservation, etc.).
- Building and renovating (training centres, processing centres, storage areas, kitchens, etc.).
- Making materials available (for training : manuals and tools).